Wednesday 29 March 2017

Stop worrying direct latch breastfeeding mummy!

I used to always worry about her not getting enough milk too. I think as a Mum it is natural for you to keep worrying whether she is direct latch or on bottle.

I know two mummies who each have two babies. Firstborn bottle feed but slightly below average size. Their Second baby direct latch super Big chubby baby.

As a FTM, I am constantly worried about my baby's weight even until now she is mainly on solids.

I worry whether she has sufficient milk from direct latch:
-when her percentile gradually dropped from newborn of 75 percentile to now maintain at above 25 percentile,
- when she fuss at breast
- when my mil says her thighs super skinny bcos i drink too much water
- when my period returns
- when she stop STTN and keep waking up to latch

However, I try to constantly remind myself that every baby is different, some are just smaller size and that my baby is very active. If they are hungry or discomfort, they will just wake up more frequently to nurse. As long as there is no sudden major drop in weight percentile or diapers too few and that my baby is meeting the milestones, I should always believe in my child and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment